Salmon prepared the Teriyaki way is quite mouth watering and delicious. It contains, Mirin and Sake although in small quantities. I have reproduced the recipe without any of the alcohol, making it a non alcoholic Teriyaki Salmon.
Recipe Type: Fish / Seafood / Non alcoholic
Author: Recipes ‘R’ Simple
Prep time: 5
Cook time: 15
Total time: 20
Ingredients for Non Alcoholic Teriyaki Salmon (original ingredients included):
- 2 salmon fillets, about 250 gms each
- 2 Tbsp Light Soy sauce ( no need for replacement)
- 1 ½ Tbsp Rice wine or Sake ( Replaced with 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar + 1 Tbsp white grape juice)
- 1 Tbsp Mirin + 1 Tbsp Soba (Replaced with ½ Tbsp ginger juice – from squeezing freshly crushed ginger + ½ Tbsp Lime juice)
- 1 tsp hot asian chili sauce ( not sweet)
- 1 – 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour mixed in 1 Tbsp water
- 1 knob of ginger sliced into thin strips.
- scallions, julienne
- oil for greasing
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 ºc / 392ºF
- Rinse and pat dry the Salmon fillets. Sprinkle with a little salt.
- Whisk together all the ingredients under ‘Marinade’ in a saucepan ( except for the cornflour solution). Bring to a boil stirring and then allow to simmer briefly.
- Place salmon on lightly greased grill pan, skin side down. Brush over the marinade from the saucepan a little at a time, while the salmon slowly gets cooked on a medium heat.
- Once the salmon is cooked through to the centre, transfer the fillets to a foil lined oven proof dish. Press the slices of ginger onto the fish . and sprinkle the scallions over the top.
- To the saucepan, add the cornflour solution and allow to thicken an bit on low heat. Pour this over the fillets in the oven proof dish.
- Place on upper rack in the oven and set to broiler. ( Upper coil only).
- Broil for 10 minutes, till top is lightly golden.
Try it and let us know – Teriyaki Salmon .