Light as Air Sponge Cake with Fresh Fruit and Whipped Cream
This is a cherished recipe. The cake always turns out so GOOD! This Light as Air Sponge Cake with Fresh Fruit and Whipped Cream is great for birthdays. Similar to the variety sold at Asian Style bakeries. Sometimes I don’t spend too much time decorating but you can make it look as beautiful as you want. I dont think it matters when its tastes so absolutely divine. Scroll down for pictured steps and video. I have made this cake so many times, and it never fails to impress. The video shows you how the cake is made briefly.
You are here: Quick Browse > Cakes > Light as Air Sponge Cake with Fresh Fruit and Whipped Cream
Recipe Name: Light as Air Sponge Cake with Fresh Fruit and Whipped Cream
Recipe Type: Cakes
Author: Shana c/o Recipes ‘R’ Simple
Yield: ( One 8 ” round , 4 tier cake)
My very first attempt at this cake. Many Many cakes ago. 🙂 It tasted so good even that time! I am much better with whipped cream now. Yes practice is everything!
Pictured steps for preparation of Light as Air Sponge Cake with Fresh Fruit and Whipped Cream. Go to the recipe page, for all measurements, detail and explanation.
- Chill the cream for whipping.
- Separate Eggs and bring to room temperature.
- Process sugar to a get a fine grain.
- Sift together flour and salt. (3 times).
- Oil, juice+ water solution.
- Prepare whipped cream with gelatin (stabilized).
- Preheat oven.
- Beat egg yolk and sugar till very pale and ribbons form.
- Separately, whisk egg whites till stiff.
- To the yolk mixture, add the oil and juice solution and add flour a little at a time. Fold in till incorporated.
- Fold in the egg white, without over mixing.
- Divide into 2 cake pans. Make sure there is ample room for batter to rise you can use taller pans than I have used.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or till centre is set. Remove from oven and INVERT onto wire elevated Wire racks.
- While the cakes are baking you can cut up and slice the fruits for filling and toppings.
- Remove the cakes from the pans once cool.
- Slice each cake into two using a broad serrated knife.
- Mix the chopped fruit into some of the whipped cream (reserve the rest plain for the topping on sides and top of the cake) .
- Divide the fruit and cream filling into 3 portions. Spread a thin layer of this fuit cream topping on three slices of cake.
- Arrange 3 layers with fruit filling, careful not to let the filling fall over the edges
- Then place the best sliced layer on top.
And start to frost the outside with the remaining cream.
- First make a thin coat. And chill briefly.
Add a dollop and spread
Thin ‘first coat’
- After chilling, Apply a second coat of whipped cream.
- Use plastic ridge edged cake decorators to smoothen out or simply use a palette topping knife.
- Decorate with piped swirls and with the sliced fruits.
- Pipe and decorate as desired. I change it every time I make this cake.
- Enjoy your Sponge Cake with Fresh Fruit and Whipped Cream
Key Ingredients: Cake Flour, Eggs, Sugar, Oil, Juice, Vanilla Extract, Whipping Cream, Gelatin,Cream of tartar, Salt.
Let us know if you tried – Light as Air Sponge Cake with Fresh Fruit and Whipped Cream