Spinach Pakora 50/50
This is my version of Palak Pakora aka Spinach Pakora. Pretty Awesomely Simple! Finely chopped Indian Spinach (Palak) is combined with a few other ingredients in a chick pea based batter and fried till golden and cooked through. Serve hot at tea time! Curious about the name? I call them Spinach Pakora 50/50 because they are 50 percent healthy, thanks to the spinach and 50 percent not so healthy, by way of the frying! The end result is nonetheless Tasty!
Recipe Name: Spinach Pakora 50/50 – Palak Pakora – Indian Spinach Fritters
Recipe Type: Snacks / Vegetarian
Author: Shana c/o Recipes ‘R’ Simple
Prep time: 5
Cook time: 5
Total time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 plate (20 pakoras)
You are here: Home > Vegetarian > Spinach Pakora
Spinach Pakora 50/50 – Palak Pakora – Indian Spinach Fritters
- 200 gms palak (indian green spinach)
- 1 medium sized potato, grated
- 1 medium purple onion, diced finely
- 2 Tbsp finely minced green chili (seeded)
- ½ cup chick pea flour (besan)
- ¹⁄3 cup plain flour
- ¼ cup cornflour
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 ” piece ginger
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ¹⁄8 tsp baking soda
- ¾ – 1 tsp salt ( according to taste)
- Oil for frying
- Rinse the Spinach thoroughly. Chop finely.
- Grate the peeled potato, using the medium holes on your grater. (Not finely grated).
- Crush the green chili, garlic and ginger together to make a course paste.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl.
- Add upto ¾ cup water, a little at a time till you can a nice smooth batter, that is not too thick but not runny either.
- Heat oil in a small wok / kadai.
- Using your hands scoop up little bits of batter, allowing excess to drip back into the bowl through your fingers. Immediately lower into the hot oil. Do not disturb for a few seconds.
- Fry on a medium heat so that the outside does not brown before the inside gets cooked.
- Once golden flip over gently, and allow the second side to get golden and crisp as well.
- Fry 2- 3 at a time so that they do not stick to each other.
- Drain. Serve hot with Tea!
Spinach Pakora 50/50
Key Ingredients: Spinach, Potato, Onion, Garlic, Green Chilli, Spices, Oil, Salt
Let us know if you tried it – Spinach Pakora 50/50. Comments from you provide motivation to keep up the driving force behind this blog, bringing you more delicious and perfected recipes regularly. Please do leave a comment. We love to hear from you.