The easiest bake sweet snack ever. Gotta try this coconut scented snack cake made with semolina.
The Recipe Intro has more pictures, comments and includes a Video on how to make this quick snack. Check it out.
- ½ cup semolina / suji / rava ( You can roasted or unroasted semolina)
- ½ cup or a bit less coconut milk powder
- ½ cup or a bit less powdered sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg at room temperature
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp Vegetable / Sunflower Oil
- 1 small tin (170 gms) Nestle Cream
- Preheat oven to 180 ºc / 356 ºF
- Lightly grease an oven proof baking dish with oil.
- Whisk the eggs and oil together, add the cream and when smooth add all other ingredients. Add the extra Tbsp of oil last to help the whisking process.
- Pour this thick batter into the prepared baking dish.
- (If you like nuts, sprinkle over the top before baking)
- Bake in the middle rack of you oven for 30 minutes till the sides and top are golden.
- Cut into diamonds or squares with a sharp knife. Also go around the edges to release
- You can store leftover cake in the fridge for upto 3 days.
- This cake does not require any additional flavoring. The coconut milk powder, provides great flavor.
- This is a great recipe to prepare for guests, after dinner or at tea time.
- Coconut Milk Powder is different from Desiccated Coconut. Desiccated Coconut Milk is made from the fresh grated flesh of the mature coconut fruit. The process involves Hot air blow drying the grated white coconut meat to reduce the moisture content to less than 3%, the texture of desiccated coconut is slightly course.
- Coconut Milk Powder however is not made from the flesh itself, but the coconut cream that is extracted from the flesh. The process involves ‘hot air spray drying’ the thick coconut cream into fine textured powder. I suppose you could use desiccated coconut in this recipe but the texture might be different.
- NESTLE CREAM is pure dairy sterilized cream. It contains 25 % milk fat. It is not sweet like condensed milk and it is not of a thin consistency like evaporated milk, It is also usually sold in smaller tins. It is made by shelf sterilizing REAL Cream, and will spoil once opened. In some regions it is labelled “table cream” or “crema media”. You could substitute this with fresh whipping cream.
Key Ingredients: Semolina, Icing Sugar, Oil, Coconut Powder, Egg, Nestle Cream.
EAT AND TELL!!!
Let us know if you tried – Semolina Cake