Instant Wheat Dosa
Great way to spend less time in the Kitchen, cooking breakfast on those busy or lazy days!
The Recipe Intro includes Video on how to make this Instant Wheat Dosa. Check it out ↓.
- 1 cup plain wheat flour / data - I use Ashirwad Aata
- 1 - 1 ¼ cups water (Add as needed )
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste
- 2 tsp ghee, plus a little extra for greasing the pan
Method – Instant Wheat Dosa :
- Add the flour to a bowl.
- Add one cup water at first and mix well. Use a spoon or whisk and stir till you get a batter, the same consistency as dosa batter. If you need more add the remaining 1/4 cup of water.
- Make sure the batter is free of lumps.
- Add ghee only once the batter is smooth. Also add salt. Stir through.
- Heat the non-stick pan / tawa. You know its hot enough when a drop of water sizzles away instantly.
- Grease very lightly with some ghee using a tawa brush or kitchen paper.
- Pour a round steel ladle full of batter at a time (…. ml), SLOWLY on to the hot pan.. It is important how you pour the batter onto the pan. It must be poured slow and steady for best results. If you pour it too fast , you may have trouble in spreading the batter with the ladle.
- Use the back of the round ladle to then swirl from the centre of the batter in a spiral motion, spreading the dosa outwards onto the pan, just as you would do with regular dosas.
- Roast the first side side fot 40 seconds to one minute, till the bottom is golden brown. When it’s ready it should flip easily.
- Flip the dosa over : this side will have a golden spongy appearance.
- Cook the second side till golden spots appear on the surface.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with any quick curry or side dish. I personally love it with my Tomato Curry and dry black chick peas. If you like a sweet breakfast, serve it with coconut milk and sugar.
Instant Wheat Dosa
- Although ghee may be substituted with oil, the addition of ghee, adds a wonderful softness and aroma. I recommend it.
- For a more savory dosa, you can add some finely chopped onion, ginger, curry leaves, coriander leaves etc.. You could also add grated carrot or cabbage.
Key Ingredients: Wheat Flour, Water, Ghee & Salt.
Let us know if you tried – Instant Wheat Dosa .