These fluffy sweet pancakes never go out of fashion!
Check it out the Recipe Intro↓
You will need two bowls, non stick pan / skillet and a spatula for flipping.
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups plain, all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Melt the butter in the microwave to a liquid form.
- Lightly beat the eggs in 1st Bowl. Whisk with fork while adding the butter slowly.
- Add the buttermilk to the egg mixture slowly, whisking continuously, till you get a smooth consistency.
- Add all the other DRY ingredients to the 2nd bowl. Stir well with a dry fork to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Add this to the buttermilk batter, a little at a time whilst folding in with a spatula.
- Do not over mix or beat. Just make sure there is no more dry flour and the batter is somewhat smooth and thick,
- Heat a griddle or non stick pan. You can use a kitchen towel to lightly grease with some butter. Maintain a moderate heat.
- Spoon out 3-4 inch Pancakes.
- Allow the pancakes to cook undisturbed on medium heat. Flip when the surface is covered evenly with bubbles.
- Cook next side. Total cooking time should be under 4 minutes.
- Serve with Butter and Maple Syrup.
- Other Popular Toppings are Nuts, Fruits, Peanut Butter, Jam, Whipped Cream, Honey, Molasses, Powdered Sugar and Cane Sugar.
- Often served with Eggs, Toast and Breakfast Sausage.
- Read more on History and Variety of Pancakes.
- Add ½ cup whole milk to the batter, to get a very thin pancake.
- Keep the heat on low and cook slowly to get and even color. When I am in a hurry my pancakes are much darker, but they still taste good!
- To keep the pancakes nice and evenly colored, using a HEAVY nonstick or well seasoned cast iron pan is recommended. Also do to grease the pan with butter as it burns the crust. Oil is a better option.
Key Ingredients: Buttermilk, Flour, Butter, Eggs, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, Sugar.
EAT AND TELL!!!
Let us know if you tried – Buttermilk Pancakes