Banana Pudding Trifle
Totally Simple and Absolutely Sweet. That’s what makes a good dessert!
The Recipe Intro includes step by step pictures and Video on how to make whipped cream. Check it out.
- 2 level Tbsp banana custard powder OR plain custard powder & few drops banana extract
- 1 tsp powdered gelatine
- 250 ml skimmed milk
- 1 rounded Tbsp sugar
- Around 10 Oreo Cookies OR ¾ cup Graham Cracker Crumbs mixed with ¼ cup grated semi sweet chocolate
- 1 or 2 bananas, sliced into rounds
- ¼ cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips or chopped up chocolate
- As needed: Cashew nuts or Pecans for garnish
For Whipped Cream:
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp icing sugar, or to desired level of sweetness
- 1/2 - 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Put oreo cookies OR (Graham cracker and Semi Sweet Chocolate) in the processor or crush till you get a fine crumb.
- Spread a layer of the cookie/cracker crumbs into the bottom of your serving cups/bowl.
- Then prepare the Banana Custard pudding. If using pudding mix from a box, just follow package instructions and pour into serving cups, over the crumb layer & refrigerate to set.
- If making home made custards pudding: Place 1 tsp powdered gelatine in 3 Tbsp water till dissolved. Microwave for 30 seconds and set aside.
- Mix the banana custard powder OR ( plain custard powder + banana essence) in 3 Tbsp of the 250 ml milk. Stir and set this aside.
- Heat the Remaining milk and sugar in a sauce pan till boiled. Add the custard powder-milk mixture and stir well.
- Stir thill thickened and there should be no lumps. Add the gelatine solution. Cool slightly.
- Pour over the crumb layer in the prepared cups/bowl & refrigerate to set.
- When set, slice bananas and place over the pudding layer.
- Make whipped cream (watch video in the recipe introduction) , by whipping chilled whipping cream, sugar and vanilla powder together in a chilled bowl till you get stiff peaks.Chill till needed and pipe over the banana layer.
- Top with mini chocolate chips and cashew nuts and serve
Banana Pudding Trifle
If you are using taller Trifle Mugs, you could put an additional layer of cookie crumbs on top of the banana layer.
Key Ingredients: Banana, Whipping Cream, Sugar, Oreos, Custard Powder, Milk, Chocolate, Nuts.
Let us know if you tried it – Banana Pudding Trifle.