Hot and Crispy Mushroom Fritters are super for a quick tea time treat. Use your favorite variety of mushroom and whip this up for guests in a jiffy. Very tasty Mushroom Fry!
- 2 cups mushrooms – any variety
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup corn flour
- ¼ tsp red chilly powder or pepper
- salt to taste
- ½ cup chopped herbs : spring onion/parsley or both
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- mushroom seasoning powder -optional
- oil for frying
For the garlic chilly mayo:
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup mayonaise
- 2 Tbsp ketchup or chilly sauce
- chopped herbs – optional
- Wash and clean the mushrooms well. Pat dry.
- In a bowl, comibine the flour, corn flour, salt and chilly /pepper powders, herbs and egg. Add enough water to make a pourable thick batter – like that of pancake batter.
- Heat Olive oil in a wide frying pan and add the garlic. Allow to soften.
- Add the mushrooms and saute till moisture evaporates.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Add the sauted mushrooms to the prepared batter.
- Drop a little at a time into the hot oil, seperating as you do so to ensure they dont stick to eachother.
- Fry till golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot and crisp with chilly sauce or garlic chilly mayo.
For garlic chilly mayo:
- In a small mixer or food processor combine ingredients and blend well till smooth. Add chopped herbs if desired.
Did you enjoy our Mushroom Fry ? Leave a comment.
To prepare for guests : You can prepare the sauce, batter and saute the mushrooms ahead of time. Just dip in batter and fry when ready to serve.
You May Also Like: