Kaima Pathiri – Ground Rice Crepes that Melt In Your Mouth
These Crepes made from Ground Rice and Coconut Milk ( Kaima Pathiri) just melt in your mouth!!!
Served with a good Curry, they are made for special guests in Coastal India. Try them once. You are bound to make them again.
- 1 cup Kaima Rice/Jeerakasala Rice OR if you cant find that Basmati rice
- 2 cups medium consistency coconut milk – freshly made is best(the ‘first’ milk that is made from squeezing out grated fresh or frozen coconut that has been ground with minimum water to a fine paste, through a cheese cloth.)
- 2 eggs
- Wash the rice thoroughly.Drain well.
- Blend the rice with coconut milk and eggs till smooth. Do not add any water.
- (The batter should be very smooth without any grits of rice)
- Heat a non-stick pan that has been lightly greased with oil.
- Blend the batter once more till it turns foamy on top OR we like to use a hand mixer to get it foamy each time batter is to be poured.
- Take a large ladle of batter(scooping only from the top) at a time and pour the foamy batter onto the pan to form a round crepe.
- Allow to cook for a minute or two till the top cooks through. Do not flip over.
- These crepes are very delicate so you can fold them into a traingle with a plastic spatula and then remove to your serving plate.
- Serve as soon as all the batter is used up. Keep whisking in between to keep the batter foamy.
Did you enjoy our Kaima Pathiri?
There is no need to add salt to these crepes as they are meant to be served with curry. For those who would like them sweet you can add sugar to the batter. We prefer them without salt and served with Chicken Curry.
You May Also Like :