Clove Tea | Soothing Tea
Clove Tea is perfect for calming the senses. Cloves are extremely rich in antioxidants. This makes for an ideal change to your usual herbal Tea. Clove tea has been known to reduce irritability, help with insomnia and even cure a tooth ache! This is our favorite ‘unwinding’ Tea. My husband requests it often. I sometimes add a little freshly squeezed lemon and replace the sugar with agave nectar or honey.
You are here: Home > Drinks and Beverages > Clove Tea
Recipe Name: Clove Tea | Soothing Tea
Recipe Type: Drinks and Beverages
Author: Shana c/o Recipes ‘R’ Simple
Total time: 3 min
Yield: (3 servings)
- 3 cups / 710 ml water
- 4 cardamom pods, lightly bruised to expose the seeds
- 6 cloves
- sugar to taste (around 4 tsp) (may substitute with agave nectar or honey)
- Add the water, cloves, cardamom and sugar to a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and add the tea leaves.
- Boil for 30 seconds, or s bit more till you get a lovely dark red color.
- Strain the tea using a metal tea strainer.
Key Ingredients: Cloves, Cardamom, Tea Leaves, Sugar, Water
Leave a comment if you tried – Clove Tea | Soothing Tea.