Chicken Spaghetti – “Pantry Raid” Dinner in 30 minutes
Who said making dinner after a long day at work has to be a troublesome and time consuming affair? With quick recipes like this “Pantry Raid” Chicken Spaghetti, you can have a simple hot meal on the table while you phone a friend or your mom at the same time. Simple flavors, hot pasta, easy cleanup. More time to spend on other things.
You are here: Home > Pasta & Noodles > Chicken Spaghetti
Recipe Name: Chicken Spaghetti
Recipe Type: Pasta / Main
Author: Recipes ‘R’ Simple
Prep time: 15
Cook time: 15 min
Yield: (4 servings)
Chicken Spaghetti, Quick Dinner
- 150 gms, minced chicken OR use chopped chicken sausages.
- 2 cloves garlic, bruised.
- ½ a carrot, finely chopped.
- 1 Tbsp celery, finely chopped.
- 1 onion, chopped finely.
- 3- 4 porcini or other brown mushrooms, sliced. Use the cap and discard the stem.
- 1 small tomato, chopped.
- ½ cup canned baked beans in tomato sauce(I used Heinz).
- ½ cup Passata (uncooked tomato puree that comes in a jar/bottle), or home made tomato puree.
- 2 tsp tomato paste (concentrate).
- 2 bay leaves.
- 1 tsp italian dried herbs ( a mixture of sage, basil, rosemary oregano ) OR use Italian seasoning.
- 250 gms spaghetti – I used Instant Spaghetti.
- 200 ml chicken stock.
- ¼ tsp hickory liquid smoke.
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil & 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- fresh torn basil, salt and pepper to taste.
Buy Liquid Smoke Now. Great for adding smoky flavor and aroma to marinades, bbq’s and other dishes. Just a little.
- First, bring a large pot of water to boil and add salt.
- Add the spaghetti and allow it to cook till al dente.
- Meanwhile, chop up the fresh ingredients.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet or non stick pan.
- Add the bruised garlic, followed by the chopped onion, carrot and celery.
- Allow to just soften.
- Add the mushrooms and chicken or chopped sausage.
- Stir fry till the chicken is white or the sausage is just browned.
- Add tomato paste and chopped tomato and stir till incorporated.
- Lightly mash the baked beans in its sauce with a fork and add to the pan along with the pasatta.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add italian dried herbs, bay leaves, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Simmer 2- 3 minutes till slightly thickened. The chicken should be cooked.
- Add the liquid smoke. This is optional.
- Drain the pasta while there is still some ‘bite’ left.
- Add the drained pasta to the cooked sauce and toss well.
- Season again with salt and pepper if needed and toss in the basil leaves.
- Drizzle olive oil over top and Serve hot!
Pantry Raid Recipe – Chicken Spaghetti
- Do not overcook the spaghetti. Al dente means, there should be some ‘bite left’. Spaghetti looses its integrity and structure if over cooked.
- I like to leave the sauce a little ‘loose’ in consistency before adding the spaghetti. Keeps the spaghetti moist and does not go dry even after cooled.
- In the first picture, I used minced chicken. In the second , I used chopped up sausage. I use whatever I have on hand.
Key Ingredients: chicken/sausage, oil, tomato, onion, garlic, carrot, celery, herbs, spices, stock, baked beans, mushroom
Let us know if you tried our – Chicken Spaghetti . Comments from you provide motivation to keep up the driving force behind this blog, bringing you more delicious and perfected recipes regularly. Please do leave a comment. We love to hear from you.