Charmoula | Coriander Parsley Dressing/Marinade
Charmoula ( شرمولة) is a North African Herbal Marinade, an all purpose dressing used a lot in Tunisia and Morocco. It is often used for seafood but works with meats as well as vegetables. When you are looking for a different kind of marinade, something less Masala-ish and more Herby… it is a good choice. It is also great when you have lots of herbs, wanting to be used up 🙂 . We like this marinade with baked chicken wings and grilled shrimp a lot!
You are here: Home > Basics > Charmoula | Coriander Parsley Dressing/Marinade
Recipe Name: Charmoula | Coriander Parsley Dressing/Marinade
Recipe Type: Basics
Author: Shana c/o Recipes ‘R’ Simple
Total time: 5
Yield: (1 ½ cups )
- 150 gms coriander
- 100 gms parsley
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 long red chillies
- 1 habanero, seeded
- ½ cup – olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- salt to taste
- Rinse the leaves , chillies and garlic in a colander thoroughly.
- Chop roughly and add this and all other ingredients to a blender.
- With the machine running, add just little bit of water, enough to get the contents running smoothly.
- Blend to a smooth dressing.
- Store in airtight jars and refrigerate up to a week.
For Charmoula Chicken Wings:
- 500 gms chicken mid joint wings
- 4 generous Tbsp Charmoula marinade
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste ( marinade contains salt too)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Pat dry the wing mid joints. Add th marinade and salt.
- Marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200 ºC/ 392ºF.
- Heat a grill pan and coat with a thin layer of olive oil.
- Grill the wing mid joints for 2 minutes per side, just to get a little charring / color.
- Transfer to baking dish and bake for 20 – 30 minutes (till chicken is golden).
- Try with Salmon, Lamb etc..
Key Ingredients: Coriander , Parsley, Red chilli, Olive oil, Lemon, Garlic, Salt.
Leave a comment if you tried – Charmoula | Coriander Parsley Dressing/Marinade .