A nice vegetable side dish that packs a ‘Crunch’. So easy to make. Enhanced with freshly grated coconut.
- 2 cups cauliflower, separated into small florets and rinsed well.
- 1 Tbsp oil.
- ½ tsp mustard seeds.
- ¼ cup shallots, finely chopped.
- 2 tsp green chillies, finely chopped – optional.
- A hand full of curry leaves.
- ¹⁄8 tsp turmeric powder.
- ½ cup fresh grated coconut.
- Steam the cauliflower over simmering water for 5 minutes (Do not boil). Using a steaming rack is best.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add mustard seeds and wait for splutter.
- Add shallots, green chili and curry leaves. Sauté till softened.
- Add turmeric powder and cook briefly.
- Add the grated coconut and stir fry till aromatic.
- Lastly, add the steamed florets of cauliflower and toss the mixture briefly till just heated through.
Try it and Let us know – Cauliflower Thoran.
You can cook cabbage similarly, just allow the water to evaporate.
You May Also Like: