Banana Pudding Trifle
If you Love Banana like me and my little one, you will love this dessert.
Vanilla Fresh whipped cream and chocolate too? My littlest monkey is 5 years and she has loved banana since she was an infant. A fussy eater that one. So when I was delving into my brain for a dessert she might like, the idea of the banana pudding trifle came up. With my own touches. Nothing Complicated. ( I’ve added a video on how to make whipped cream below as well)
Banana Pudding Trifle
- 2 level Tbsp Banana Custard Powder OR custard powder & few drops banana extract.
- 1 tsp Powdered Gelatine
- Alternatively you can use a box of ready made banana instant pudding mix.
- 250 ml skim milk
- 1 rounded Tbsp sugar
- Around 10 Oreo Cookies OR ¾ cup Graham Cracker Crumbs mixed with ¼ cup grated Semi sweet chocolate
- 1 or 2 Bananas, sliced into rounds
- 1 300 ml box of whipping cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips or chopped up chocolate
- Cashew nuts as garnish
- Put oreo cookies OR(Graham cracker and Semi Sweet Chocolate) in the processor or crush till you get a fine crumb.
- Spread a layer of the cookie/cracker crumbs into the bottom of your serving cups/bowl.
- Then prepare the Banana Custard pudding. If using pudding mix from a box, just follow package instructions and pour into serving cups, over the crumb layer & refrigerate to set. If making home made custards pudding:Place 1 tsp powdered gelatine in 3 Tbsp water till dissolved. Microwave for 30 seconds and set aside.
- Stir thill thickened and there should be no lumps. Add the gelatine solution. Cool slightly.
- Pour over the crumb layer in the prepared cups/bowl & refrigerate to set.
- When set, slice bananas and place over the pudding layer.
- Make whipped cream (watch video below) , by whipping chilled whipping cream, sugar and vanilla powder together in a chilled bowl till you get stiff peaks.Chill till needed and pipe over the banana layer.
- Top with mini chocolate chips and cashew nuts and serve
Banana Pudding Trifle – How to make whipped cream
Did you enjoy our Banana Pudding Trifle? Let us know.